Grandma's Meat Loaf
- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 45
- vegetable oil
- # 2 ribs celery, chopped
- # 1/2 cup chopped onion
- # 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or 1 pound lean
- # ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork
- # 3/4 cup oats, quick or old-fashioned
- # 1/4 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- # 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- # 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- # 1 large egg, beaten
- # 3 tablespoons water or milk
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped celery and onion; cook, stirring, until tender, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef or beef and pork mixture, oats, chili sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, beaten egg, celery and onion mixture, and the water or milk. In a 13x9-inch baking pan, shape meat mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf. Bake at 375° for 1 hour. Using 2 spatulas, carefully move meat loaf to a serving plate and slice.
- Serves 6 to 8.