Grandma Rose's Thumbprint Cookies
- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Servings: 2 Dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks), sit out so it will be at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, sit out so it will be at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of your favorite jam
- Thimble full of Kentucky Bourbon
- Confectioners Sugar
- Parchment paper
- 1 Cream the butter and sugar on high speed for about 3 minutes.
- 2 Separate the eggs. Add the yolks and vanilla extract to the butter mixture.
- 3 Add the flour and salt. Ad the bourbon. Mix until just combined. Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350F.
- 4 Take a tablespoons full of dough. Roll the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter in your hands. Place the balls on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- 5 Press down with your thumb to make a small well in the center of the cookie. Do not press too hard or the cookie will fall apart. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- 6 Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly firm. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 7. When they are almost all cooled take a sifter and add powdered sugar to it. Sprinkle through the sifter onto the cookies.