Grated Zucchini Casserole
- 2 big zucchinis, yellow or green, totaling about 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 pounds
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light or full fat — not fat free)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grate your zucchinis. I usually do this over 3-4 paper towels, that way I can bundle it right up, take it over to the sink and squeeze out the excess water. Place the grated zucchini in your baking dish. Add the garlic and pepper. Toss to mix and bake for 15 minutes. Dot the top with little pieces of your butter.
- Remove from the oven and add the salt, sour cream, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Mix. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on the top and return to the oven for about 10-15 minutes.