Greek Style Okra or Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, cleaned and halved or 1 lb. okra
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley, or about 1/3 cup fresh
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add green beans or okra, water, crushed tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat a little to cook and thicken.
- Add water or tomatoes as necessary.
- Sometimes I will cut up a potato and add that in, too.