Grilled Chicken Salad
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breast, rinsed and patted dry
- Paul Newman's Olive Oil &Vinegar salad dressing
- raw coleslaw or shredded mixed cabbage
- baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- optional: 1 cup dried cranberry or pineapple
- While grilling chicken,'paint' both sides with Paul Newman's Olive Oil&Vinegar dressing until chicken well done.
- Prepare the body of the salad by measuring 2 cups of coleslaw and 1 cup of baby spinach in a large bowl. Add chopped bell pepper, chopped celery, and baby carrots.
- Let cool and cube chicken. Add chicken and 1/2 cup Paul Newman's Olive Oil&Vinegar dressing. Toss until salad is coated and appearance is pleasing.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
My husband and I are controlling our weight which can make meal time boring from time to time. This recipe was one he created as a spur of the moment easy meal to enjoy without having me spend time over a hot stove during a hot day. I know there are many readers who will enjoy the ease of this recipe while benefiting from the nutrition provided in it's ingredients.