Grilled Herbed Mushroom Vegetable Medley
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or green onion tops
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Clean and prepare mushrooms by slicing a thin slice off the bottom of each stem.
- 2. Thinly slice mushroom stems and caps.
- 3. Combine mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini and squash in a large bowl.
- 4. Combine melted butter, thyme, basil, chives, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 5. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat well.
- 6. Transfer to a 20x14 inch sheet of heavy duty foil.
- 7. Wrap into a packet sealing edges well, leaving space for heat to circulate.
- 8. Grill on covered grill over medium coals 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.