Grilled Steelhead Trout with Mint-Basil Marinade
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 piece of steelhead trout (or salmon , if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cedar plank
- 1. Tear the mint and basil leaves and put them in a blender or small food processor. Add the lemon juice, chopped garlic, salt and pepper and blend.
- 2. Pour over the fish and let sit for at least 20 minutes or a few hours in the refrigerator.
- 3. Heat a grill to high heat. Make sure you soak cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes before you put the fish on it.
- 4. Put the fish on plank on the grill and grill for 20 minutes.
- 5. Remove the fish from the grill and serve.
Last night for dinner, my husband and I decided to grill a beautiful piece of Steelhead Trout. Steelhead Trout is very similar to Salmon. In fact, they both not only look similar but they taste very much alike. I decided to combine the mint and the basil from my garden along with garlic to create a fabulous marinade. The mint and basil go so well together! I served the trout with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Hasselback Potatoes and a glass of Pinot Noir!