Grilled Veggie Panini
- Oil for brushing
- Portobello mushrooms
- Yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- Zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Red onions, sliced
- Red wine vinegar
- Sourdough bread
- Slices provolone cheese
- Heat grill.
- Brush vegetables with oil.
- Grill mushrooms, squash and zucchini for 2–3 minutes on each side or until well-defined grill marks appear.
- Place the onions and tomato slices on top of aluminum foil and place it on the grill to prevent them from falling through the grids.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all of the grilled vegetables with red wine vinaigrette and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Dress your sandwich in whichever way you like and divide the vegetables evenly.
- Grill the prepared sandwich for a few minutes on each side until bread is slightly toasted.
Let the grilling begin ... with summer just around the corner :). Only instead of ribs or a juicy hamburger, its grilled veggie panini today. Serve this with a nice tall cool drink and your favorite chips. Enjoy! NOTE: I used a heavy cast iron skillet to press the sandwich down on the grill. This gives the sandwich ridges and the bread will grill to a perfect crisp on the outside.