Hair Cut Pies
- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Servings: 16 to 25
- Preparation Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- 2 boxes refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 16 ready to bake refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 16 milk chocolate drops, unwrapped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 f. Remove crusts from pouches, and unroll on work surface. Cut 16-25 3 1/2 inch circles from each crust.
- Place a cookie in the center of the rounds; top each cookie with a chocolate drop, pointed end into cookie. Brush edge of each round with water. Top with remaining rounds. Press edges together with a fork to seal. Brush tops with water, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Tip: If you have some unused cookies but no more crusts, bake them as cookies, with the last of your pies. And if you're not sure you can cut the right size of rounds, or even cut them undamaged, you can use a round doughnut or cookie cutter that measures the required size.
Not sure where the recipe came from. But on the day I decided to make them, I'd had a hair cut. So I decided to call them Hair Cut Pies. I was making them for a small senior home at which, I volunteer. To cut a long story short, I ended up making 25, instead of 16. But they're very simple! Even kids can do it, if they have the ingredients and this recipe in front of them. They'd be great for a party or school project! Maybe even for a bake sale !