Halloween Chocolate Cake
- Servings: 10- 12
- 1 (6.0 oz.) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE COATED ICE CREAM CONE(recipe follows)
- ORANGE FROSTING(recipe follows)
- DECORATOR'S FROSTING(recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Stir together chocolate bar pieces, butter and water in medium bowl until chocolate is melted. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare CHOCOLATE COATED ICE CREAM CONE.
- Drizzle ORANGE FROSTING over cake.
- Place ice cream cone into center of cake for pumpkin stem.
- Using leaf decorating tip, pipe leaves onto 'pumpkin' with DECORATOR FROSTING.