Ham & Cheese Sub Sliders
- 24 Hawaiian Sweet Mini Sub Rolls (or regular size dinner rolls)
- 24 slices honey ham
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese (or 12 if they are larger, cut in half)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
- Poppy Seed Sauce
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¾ cup butter, melted (½ cup for regular sized rolls)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- Sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and kept in the fridge ready to bake.
Thanks to my friend CeCe for this wonderful recipe! I made a minor adjustment since I bought the Mini Sub Hawaiian Rolls! The recipe called for the regular dinner rolls so I just needed to up the amount of melted butter for the sub rolls! They are a little longer than the dinner rolls! For regular dinner rolls use ½ cup of melted butter! We went to a friends house for the 55th running of the Daytona 500 and I made these! They were gobbled down quick! Delicious! I thought I remembered the baking instructions well enough in my head but I forgot to cover them with foil while baking but they turned out perfect anyway! So if you want to cover them, do so for 12 minutes and then uncover and bake 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted!