- FOR THE BATTER:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temp.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs, room temp.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 apples, cored and diced into 1/2" pieces
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) melted butter
- Make crust:
- Process the gingersnaps, pecans, and sugar in a food processor until fine. Add the lemon zest and melted butter to the mixture. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Blind bake the crust at 350° F for 15 minutes. Allow the crust to cool completely.
- Make batter:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and smooth. Add the heavy cream and brown sugar and continue to beat on medium speed. Add the eggs one at a time. Blend in the spices, cranberries, and apple pieces. Pour mixture into the cooled crust.
- Set the cheesecake pan into a roasting pan, and add enough water to the roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of the cheesecake pan. Place in a 325° F oven for approximately one hour or until the cake is set (but still slightly wobbly in the center) and the top is golden brown. Remove the cake from the roasting pan and place on a wire rack. Allow cake to cool slightly, then place the cake in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.