- 32 oz. package of precooked, frozen meatballs
- 13.5 oz can of unsweetened pineapple chunks (put juice aside)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup of vinegar (I used white wine vinegar and only 1/3 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chili oil (my addition)
- 2 cups cooked white minute rice
- Place meatballs in crock pot and top with green pepper and drained pineapple chunks.
- In a separate bowl, mix reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and chili oil. Pour sauce over meatballs, pineapple and green peppers.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Serve meatballs over rice if desired.
OMGoodness! These are some tasty meatballs and easy to throw together in the crockpot, 5 minutes tops! The smell in the house as they cooked was awesome! The sauce and the pineapples make this dish! We loved the pineapple so much that I'm going to buy a bigger can next time so there will be more pineapple in the crockpot and more juice for more sauce! I am a vinegar hater so I only used 1/3 cup and it was perfect! I also added my new favorite ingredient, chili oil! If there is soy sauce in a recipe, you can bet that I'm adding chili oil! I find any reason possible to use it in a recipe where it works well and it worked well in this recipe!