Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup blueberries (or raisins)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, broken into pieces (optional) I used pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine oil, honey and eggs in a food processor. Beat in bananas; set aside
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Add oats. Carefully stir in blueberries (or raisins) and walnuts. Add to banana mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- For bread: pour batter into a glass loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cut into 18 slices.
- For Muffins: line muffin cups with paper baking cups and fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 18 muffins
- For Mini Muffins: Spray mini muffin pan with non stick cooking spray. Fill each cup with batter. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 30 mini muffins.