Hearty Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of stew meat cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup of flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of beef broth (canned type is ok to use)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. paprika or seasoning salt
- 3 carrots (medium diced)
- 3 potatoes (medium diced)
- 1 small onion (small diced)
- 1 1/2 celery (medium diced)
- 1 1/2 tsp. kitchen bouquet (optional).
- Place meat in CROCK-POT,
- mix flour, salt &pepper & pour over meat;
- stir to coat.
- Add all other ingredients & stir to mix.
- Cover & cook on low 8 to 10 hours. OR on high 4 to 5 hours.
- stir stew well before serving, ENJOY!!!
This is a easy dish to make & lends itself to various adjustments as well, ie: omit beef broth & use tomato sauce simply by omitting broth. Adding a 28 oz. can of tomatoes & 1/2 tsp. sugar. During last 2 hours of cooking add 1 TBLS. of grated cheese & 2 tsp. of your favorite dried herbs.& a pinch of nutmeg. I hope you will enjoy it.