Hershey's Chocolate Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 4 whole lemons
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons paprika (we used smoked)
- 2 Tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 8 cups ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 cups Hershey's chocolate syrup
- In 5-quart sauce pan cook garlic, onion and olive oil over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika and hot sauce; stir in and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add ketchup, vinegar and chocolate syrup; stir in and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Simmer on low heat if serving immediately. Chill in refrigerator for serving at a later time. Reheat on a low setting.
- Yield: 1 gallon.