- Cooking Time: 12-14
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cardamom (I usually leave this out)
- ½ cup (1 stick) organic butter – room temperature
- ½ cup natural cane sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup goji berries or raisins
- ½ cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 ½ cups coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 cups old fashioned organic oats
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- ½ cup chopped organic dark chocolate
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, flax seed and spices).
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add in honey, eggs and vanilla. Slowly add in dry mixture and beat together. Stir in oats, applesauce, coconut, fruit and nuts.
- Drop spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes at 350.