Homemade Bread Bowls
- Servings: 6
- 1 cup water
- 2 3/4 cups Better for Bread bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine or quick active dry yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Manual cycle.
- Do not use delay cycle.
- Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes on lightly floured surface.
- Grease outsides of six 10-ounce custard cups. Place cups upside down on ungreased cookie sheet. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Roll or pat each piece into 7-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Shape dough circles over outsides of cups.
- Cover and let rise in warm place 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly puffy.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water; brush gently over bread bowls.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully lift bread bowls from custard cups--bread and cups will be hot.
- Cool bread bowls upright on wire rack.
- Makes 6 bread bowls