Homemade Cream of Anything Soup Mix
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: Makes 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 Cups Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Salt Free Bouillon Granules (I use Herb-Ox)
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley Falkes
- 3 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Celery flakes (or celery seeds)
- 1 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram
- 1/8 tsp Pepper (white or black)
- In an airtight container combine all ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. (mine never lasted that long)
- To use as a substitute for a can of Condensed Cream of Anything Soup:
- Whisk 2/3 Cup water with 3 Tbsp Soup Mix.
- Simmer until thickened & bubbly, stirring occasionally. OR
- Microwave, uncovered on high for 2 to 3 minutes whisking occasionally.
- To use in a recipe that calls for a can of soup just add 1/4 cup of mix to the broth, etc.
- Please feel free to experiment and change the amount you use to your liking.
- Mushroom: 1/4 to 1/2 C sauteed mushrooms
- Celery: chopped celery to your liking or Celery Salt, Flakes, Whatever
- Potato: 1 C Diced potatoes, cooked
- Chicken: 1/2 C diced chicken Cooked
- Vegetable: 3/4 C mixed vegetables cooked
- Broccoli: 1 c chopped broccoli cooked
- Asparagus: 1 c chopped asparagus cooked
I needed to be salt free and I used cans of Creamy Soup in my favorite recipes. I could not give it up and the Low Sodium brands were not low enough. So I went online and found several that had too much salt so I combine some of the lowest salt recipes and came up with this salt free mix that is great. Please play with the recipe to make it your own.