Homemade Peanut Butter
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 1 cup
- Preparation Time: 4
- 2 cups roasted, shelled unsalted peanuts (without red skins)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (optional)
- Place peanuts in a food processor. Blend continuously for 2 or 3 minutes. The ground peanuts will form a ball which will slowly disappear. If necessary, stop machine and scrape sides of container with a rubber spatula. Continue to process until mixture becomes spreadable. Add peanut oil if needed to make it sufficiently spreadable.
- For Crunchy:
- When desired consistency has been reached, stir in 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts for crunchy style peanut butter.
- Place mixture in a tightly closed container and store in the refrigerator. During storage, oil may rise to the top; if this occurs, stir before using.