Honey-Cranberry Chicken with Orange-Paprika Rice Recipe
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- -1 cup brown rice
- -Zest 1 orange
- -Juice 1 orange
- -1 tsp sweet paprika
- -1 tsp sea salt, divided
- -1 cup whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- -1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- -1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 equal portions
- -2 tbsp raw honey
- -1 tsp ground mustard
- -1 tsp dried sage
- Cook rice according to package directions, first adding zest to pot when you add water. When rice is cooked through, remove from heat and stir in orange juice, paprika and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Chop cranberries and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium for 1 minute. Add chicken, swirl to coat in oil and saute for 3 minutes or until chicken begins to turn golden brown. Flip breasts over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add cranberries, honey, 1/4 cup water, mustard, sage and remaining 1/2 tsp salt to chicken. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Cut into thickest part of breast to check for doneness. If still pink, continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Continue cooking sauce for another 10 minutes or until it has reduced to a thick paste. Mound out 3/4 cup rice onto each of 4 plates. Serve 4 oz chicken topped with 1 tbsp cranberry sauce.