Honey Garlic BBQ Grilled Chicken
- Servings: 6
- **6 boneless skinless chicken breast, see note above
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Southwest Seasoning Mix
- In a bowl, combine ketchup, honey, soy sauce, chili oil, brown sugar garlic and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Season the chicken on both sides with southwest seasoning mix. Brush each chop with the sauce to coat.
- Spray with cooking spray, the grates of an outdoor grill and heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken onto the grill, and cook, basting with sauce everytime you flip the chops, for about 10 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked through, 165 degrees for chicken. My DH flipped them alot as he does with everything he grills so if that's the way you grill, it is perfect.
So, I made a sauce similar to this one for pork chops and it was delicious so I tweaked it a little for the chicken we were grilling and boy was it ever good! I wanted to save the leftover sauce for another time BUT DH basted the chicken with the same utensil so that blew my saving it right out of the window! He'll know next time, right? I'm happy to say that making your own BBQ sauce is very easy and very good! Depending on the spices you like, you can make this mild, in-between or spicy! We like ours spicy so I add red pepper flakes but if you don't like spicy just leave them out! **I don't like thick chicken breast so I buy 3 thick and slice them lengthwise thru the center, ending up with 6 thin breast and it works perfect! If you like thick chicken breast, your grilling time will be longer!