Honey-Ginger Chicken Bites
- Servings: 12
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 16 thighs)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well. Add chicken; seal and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Arrange chicken in a single layer on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- While chicken is cooking, strain marinade through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Place marinade in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes; skim solids from surface. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; pour glaze into a large bowl.
- Preheat broiler.
- Add chicken to glaze; toss well to coat. Place chicken mixture on a jelly roll pan; broil 5 minutes or until browned, stirring twice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
This is meant to be served as an appetizer with toothpicks but I'm sure with the right kind of glaze or sauce, it would taste wonderful over rice. This is a Cooking Light Recipe. serving size: about 1 1/2 ounces Nutritional Information CALORIES 179(22% from fat); FAT 4.4g (sat 1g,mono 1.4g,poly 1.2g); IRON 1.1mg; CHOLESTEROL 76mg; CALCIUM 14mg; CARBOHYDRATE 17g; SODIUM 430mg; PROTEIN 18.2g; FIBER 0.1g