Hot Apple Cinnamon-Cranberry Cider
- Servings: 4
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 whole allspice berries
- 4 cinnamon sticks, each 3 inches long
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 small red apple, cored and cut into wedges
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring the cider, cranberry juice cocktail, orange juice, honey, allspice berries, cinnamon sticks, whole nutmeg, and orange rind to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add apple wedges and simmer for 3 minutes more.
- Strain cider through a tea strainer or a sieve lined with 100% cotton cheesecloth into a large heat-proof pitcher.
- Stir gently. To serve, pour into glass mugs. Garnish each serving with cinnamon sticks.