Hot As Hell Habanero Zucchini Jelly
- 10 habaneros , only stems removed
- 5 cups seeded cubed zucchini (I leave on the peel for nutrition, but for eye appeal you can remove it)
- 1 1/2 cups distilled vinegar
- 7 cups sugar
- 6 fluid ounces certo liquid pectin or ball ball fruit jell
- Place habaneros, zucchini, and vinegar in a food processor and process till smooth. Combine pepper, zucchini mixture in a heavy bottom pot with sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes. Add pectin and bring to a full rolling boil for 1 minute (That's while you are stirring it's still boiling)Remove from heat and ladle into sterile jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Makes 4 pint jars.
This will melt your face off! Dare you try, I hope you have a stomach of steel. My husband has been asking for a very hot jelly. My other jelly recipes are not hot enough for him. He asked for it and he got it. He loves it. I don't know who else would try it. It's really really hot. The zucchini is in there because of the abundance in the garden and it makes a great filler. Now you can use this as a ingredient in BBQ sauces or glazes for chicken or pork. Spread it on cream cheese and serve with crackers. Add a touch to a salad dressing for a kick. It's really endless just use it as a seasoning. A good gift for those that can handle it!