Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach(well drained)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella(shredded)
- 1(6.5 oz) jar of artichokes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch chafing dish.Melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook for one minute.
- Add the flour and stir about 2 minutes.
- Add the half and half and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the well-drained spinach. Now add the spinach to the milk, butter and flour mixture.
- Add the cheese and artichokes.
- Remove from heat and pour into prepared dish.
- Add parmesan and bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes.