- 1 can Chickpeas
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil, plus extra for garnish
- 4 Tbsp Tahini
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon (about 2Tbsp)
- 1 Glove of garlic
- Salt and ground red pepper to taste
- Drain chickpeas, saving the liquid.
- Put chickpeas, olive oil, Tahini,lemon juice and garlic in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Add a little of the reserved liquid until it is a little thicker than mayonnaise.
- Add salt. Spread on a plate. Sprinkle on red pepper and pour a couple of tablespoons of oil over the dish.
I thought I would add my version of hummus. This is a very flavorful, easy to make recipe when you have a blender or food processor. Hummus is a Middle-Eastern appetizer. Serve with Pita bread (traditional) or crackers. If you like it a bit more tangy, add more lemon juice. Tahini is ground sesame seeds. It has a somewhat bitter flavor. You can also adjust according to taste.