Ice Iced Baby Pumkin Cookies
Birthday Cookies Cooking for One Crowd Cooking Dessert Finger Food Frosting Gift Idea Glaze Kid Friendly Lactose-Free Low Calorie Low Cholesterol Low Fat Low Protein Low Saturated Fat Low Sodium Macrobiotic Ovo-lacto Vegetarian Pescetarian Potluck Shower/Wedding Snack South Beach Sugar-Free The Zone (High Protein) Vegan Vegetarian Weight Watchers
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 15 oz pumpkin, mashed smooth
- 1 Cup roughly chopped dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup White sugar (for a Fat Free/ Vegan Version use 1/2 cup Agave Nectar instead of white & brown sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup melted Smart Start, Earth Balance or any other "fake buttery spread"
- 1 Egg (for Fat Free/Vegan version 2/3 Cup of Okara or 8oz of Firm Tofu blended in a food processor)
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup whole wheat white flour & 1 cup unbleached flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbl Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Flax Meal (optional)
- Almond Icing* optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together oats, flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add cranberries & pecans.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined or silicone mat.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.