Insalata di Farro
- 1 1/2 C. farro
- sea salt
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 med. tomato chopped or a handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 C. coarsely chopped fennel (be generous)
- 1/4 C. Italian parsley chopped coarsely
- 1/4 C. thinly sliced celery
- 2 jalapeños seeded and minced
- zest of 1/2 lemon (organic)
- 3-4 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice or to taste(I used more than called for)
- Rinse the farro under running water,drain and transfer to a pan.
- Cover with water an inch over the grain.
- Add a good pinch of salt.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 40-60 minutes or until the farro is tender but al dente.
- Drain and transfer to serving bowl.
- Add the vegetables and parsley.
- Dress with the oil and lemon juice and let sit so the flavors can get to know each other.