Integrale Risotto with Black Trumpet Mushrooms
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2 generous portions
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 c. Organic Integrale Rice
- 3 c. vegetable stock (you may, of course, use any type of stock you like)
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 3 Tbls. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. Dried Black Trumpet Mushrooms, re-hydrated and chopped, or fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Bring the stock to a boil in a pot on the back burner and reduce heat to very low.
- Melt 2 Tbls. of butter in a large skillet or a dutch oven. Add oil and onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and cook 1 or 2 minutes, until rice is toasted and coated with butter and oil.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated. Add a few ladles of stock until rice is just covered. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until stock has been absorbed. Continue adding stock in this manner, a little at a time, until all stock has been absorbed and rice is creamy, 15 - 20 minutes). Stir in remaining butter, mushrooms, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.