Irish Cream Mousse Bites
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 60 small or 9 large
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 ( 9 oz ) box of chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 (.25 oz) package of unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 TBSP Bailey’s Irish Creme liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- chocolate shavings to garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F .
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Press the crumbs into a n ungreased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake the crust until it is set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put 1/4 of half and half into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Then add the remaining 1/4 of half and half and the sugar.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Take off of the heat and stir in the liqueur.
- Let this set until cooled, about 20 minutes.
- Beat the whipping cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks start to form. Gently stir the cooled gelatin mix into the whipped cream.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour this over the cooled crust and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.