Italian Fettuccine Pie
- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can (8 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, or chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- In medium bowl, beat one of the eggs and the butter. Stir in fettuccine and mozzarella cheese. In ungreased 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate, spoon and press mixture evenly in bottom and up side of dish.
- In small bowl, mix cottage cheese and remaining egg; spread over fettuccine mixture in dish. Sprinkle with broccoli. Spoon beef mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until hot in center. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.