- 1 9" or 10" pie crust
- 1 cup italian sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 heaping tsp italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (I used some with italian seasoning)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425'
- Sautee onions, mushrooms and zucchini. Towards the end add garlic italian seasoning and sun dried tomatoes, and cooked sausage.
- Heat through and pour into pie crust
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
- Combine eggs, half and half, salt and pepper, pour into pie crust
- Bake for 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 325' and continue cooking for another 40 - 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving
- Notes: You may cook crust prior to adding ingredients by baking for 10 minutes in a 425' oven.
- Keep an eye on the crust during cooking time as it will begin to brown before the quiche is cooked. At some point you will need to use foil to cover the crust and prevent burning.
- If using a 9" pie crust you might want to place your pie pan on a tray in the oven to catch any spills.
I had an over abundance of eggs and decided to make a quiche. I didn't have any ham or spinach but I remembered I had some italian sausage in the freezer and decided to make the quiche "italian". I used a pie crust recipe that I got from a fellow bakespace, with a few minor alternations. The crust has parmesan cheese and garlic in it...very savory. You can use what ever pie crust you want.