Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 medium to large white mushrooms
- 2 1/2 Tbsp bread crumbs or 3-4 smashed crackers
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 green onions
- 2 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 6 oz. can or crab meat, drained
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray or use paper towel to lightly coat with olive oil
- Wash and dry mushrooms.
- Remove caps and set aside.
- Place caps stem-side up in the baking dish.
- Put bread crumbs or crackers in bottom of medium bowl.
- Add 2 tsp milk.
- Mix gently and allow milk to soak into crumbs while working on step four.
- Chop mushroom stems, green onions and string cheese.
- Add to bowl.
- Add basil, parsley and crab meat.
- Toss to mix.
- Add cream cheese and mix into other ingredients until well blended.
- Add parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and able to be pierced easily with a fork.
My husband loves these stuffed mushrooms. They are the same as the recipe I used to make stuffed mushrooms when I was a vegetarian (minus the crabmeat). If you are a vegetarian, too, or just don't like seafood, these stuffed mushrooms will still taste amazing if you remove the crabmeat from the recipe. These make a great side dish to go with steak or any Italian meal. Please note that the amounts of each of these ingredients is approximate. Usually when I make these, I just throw ingredients in a bowl until it looks and tastes right. Feel free to adjust the amount of each of these ingredients to suit your personal taste preferences.