Jaeger Schnitzel (Pork with Hunter sauce)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large cans mushrooms or 1 pound fresh, sliced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups sour cream
- Coating Mixture:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pinches sage, dried rubbed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Barbecue seasoning
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Dredge pork in coating mixture and brown in large frying pan in 3 tablespoons oil, add bouillon cubes and water, simmer for 45 minutes, add mushrooms and cook fro 15 more minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat through but do not allow to boil.
- Excellent served with noodles or of course spaetzle.