Jalapeno Corn Bread
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno chili
- 3 1/4 cups Better for Bread bread flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine or quick active dry yeast
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic/White cycle.
- Use Medium or Light crust color.
- Do not use delay cycle.
- Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack. Makes 1 loaf (1 1/2 pounds), 12 slices