Javanana Power Shake
- Servings: 1-2
- 8 ounces of brewed coffee, your desired strength, frozen in ice cube tray
- 1 – 2 scoops of your favorite whey protein powder, vanilla or chocolate
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 tbsp melted organic coconut oil, cooled – not solid (optional)
- 8 ounces of cold water adjust for desired texture
- Stevia or raw organic sugar to taste
- Start with four ounces of cold water in blender. Add whey powder, half banana, coconut oil (if including) and 2 coffee ice cubes. Blend to combine. Add more water and coffee ice cubes and keep blending until desired texture is reached. Taste test for sweetness and add Stevia or sugar as desired. Pour into a glass and enjoy. Serves 1 - 2.
Coffee Keeps Getting Better and Better Just when you thought the news about coffee couldn't get any better, it does! A while back, the "experts" told us that “coffee has more antioxidants than any food or drink in the American diet.” (http://tinyurl.com/44sx6x5) Well, now it seems an unknown ingredient in coffee, when combined with caffeine, stimulates blood levels of a critical protein called GCSF - short for granulocyte-colony stimulating factor - that appears to put off the development of Alzheimer’s disease. According to a team from the University of South Florida (USF), co-led by Dr. Chuanhai Cao, a neuroscientist at USF and reported in an online edition of the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, "Caffeinated coffee provides a natural increase in blood GCSF levels." "The exact way that this occurs is not understood. There is a synergistic interaction between caffeine and some mystery component of coffee that provides this beneficial increase in blood GCSF levels," said Cao.