Jen's Awesome Black Bean Burgers
- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- Servings: about 8
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 32 oz canned black beans, well drained and mashed
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1/2 med. red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 c. zucchinni, shredded
- 1/4 large red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 c. mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- pepper and natures seasoning to taste
- 1 1/2 c. oatmeal
- Mash black beans using a potato masher.
- Mix in raw egg or substitute and spices.
- Add all vegetables and mix well. Stir in oatmeal (with hands, if necessary). Shape into pattys and cook in a frying pan with oil on med. high.
- 3 minutes per side.
- Place on burger buns with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I came up with this recipe after wanting to make my own veggie burgers. I am not vegetarian, but I really enjoy them, so I decided to search the web. After looking at dozens of recipes, I decided to make my own using the knowledge I had gained. These will please anyone, even picky eaters like my husband! Feel free to add unconventional burger toppings. Raw spinach and cilantro taste great with this!