Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai Curry
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 sweet peppers (red and/or green), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil (ex.: sunflower, safflower, canola)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2-3 Kale leaves, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick
- 1 pattypan squash or zucchini, diced in large pieces
- 1 block firm tofu, cut in cubes or rectangles
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 (14-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Sambal olek (to taste, optional)
- Sauté bell peppers and onion in oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until edges of vegetables are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat a little and stir in garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add kale and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pattypan squash or zucchini, tofu, Thai green curry paste and coconut milk.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt. Uncover, until sauce slightly thickens. Stir in Thai basil.
- Taste and adjust seasoning (add sambal olek if using).