Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Walnuts)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound(s) (4 sticks) butter or margerine, softened
- 1 package(s) (16-ounce) brown sugar (light brown, soft - not packed)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar (white sugar)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 package(s) (12-ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag(s) (16-ounce) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In very large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat eggs 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in butter, sugars, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and walnuts (mixture will be very stiff).
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by level 1/3 cups (or use 21/2-inch ice cream scoop), 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies 23 to 26 minutes or until golden around the edges, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough, reusing the same parchment. Store your cookies in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Serving size = 1 cookie
I found this recipe in my 2006 Christmas Edition of Good Housekeeping Magazine. I keep magazines longer than I should, but when I throw them out, I'm selective about what I keep. Christmas Magazine's top the list. So I pulled this out in December (happened to find it in a stack) and started reading.. Got to the Cookie recipe part, and before I knew it, my oldest daughter (who was 11yrs old at the time), said.. let's make those. She thinks she is a chef (which she may be one of these years), and she dug right into the baking process. Boy were they good. We have made them several times after that. Most batches turn out pretty good, some have left a little to be desired. It has to do with the type of Brown Sugar we use. These cookies are huge all the way around. But I can tell you, we have just made, what I think is the perfect Batch. So here is tonights recipe. We give total credit to Good Housekeeping.. and our sinceriest of thanks.. And enjoy... Chocolate Chip Jumbos From Good Housekeeping triple-tested at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute Just remember that one of these jumbos is equivalent to six regular-size cookies, so be sure you share! - Sharon Franke, kitchen appliances and technology director