Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Chicken Sausage
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, coarsely cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces (about 3 links) chicken sausage, sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Place cubed sweet potatoes in a baking pan or dish. Season with salt and pepper and coat with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, warm some olive oil.
- Cook the chicken sausage until just browned.
- Add in onion and mushrooms and cook for about 3 – 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add in garlic, thyme, coriander, some sea salt and black pepper. Stir in and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add in roasted sweet potatoes and kale.
- Push the kale down into the soup so it’s submerged. Cook for about 3 – 5 minutes, until bright green and tender.