Kalua Pua'a - Pig In A Pit
- 3 lb Pork Butt Roast
- 2 C water
- 1/4 C liquid smoke
- 1/4 Kosher salt (or Hawaiian sea salt)
- Put roast fat side up in a baking pan or Dutch oven.
- Mix water and liquid smoke pour over roast and rub in.
- Cover roast with salt.
- Cover pan with a tight fitting lid or tightly sealed foil.
- Bake at 350 for 3.5 hours.
- Remove from oven.
- Shred meat with forks, pour liquid back into meat.
- We made sandwiches on Kings Hawaiian Sweet bread... Portuguese bread would be really good too... or Filipino pan de sol.
- This is definitely a keeper!
YUM This is definitely a keeper! We made sandwiches on Kings Hawaiian Sweet bread... Portuguese sweet bread would be really good too... or Filipino pan de sol. I first made this for a luau but I've also made this for football. We always have at least a few people over to watch the game. Everyone really raved about it. The pork was sooo tender and really tasty and everyone really like it with the sweet Hawaiian bread.