Kitty Litter Cake
- 1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared (I like Bird'sÃ‚Â® dessert mix)
- 1 large pkg vanilla sandwich cookies
- green food coloring
- 12 small Tootsie Rolls
- 1 new kitty litter pan
- 1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
- 1 new pooper scooper
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
- Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
- Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.
- Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.
- Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
- Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!