Kk's Comfort Chicken And Dumplings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen french cut green beans
- 3 14 1/2 oz cans chicken broth
- 1/2 deli roast chicken, skinned and shredded, about 3 cups meat (save other half for enchiladas)
- Poultry Seasoning
- Dried Sage
- Garlic Salt
- 1 2/3 C biscuit mix(Bisquick)
- 2/3 C milk
- Chopped fresh rosemary
- Cracked pepper
- Heat oil on large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Saute celery, onions and carrots until soft.
- Add broth, green beans and seasonings to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, simmer uncovered over low heat.
- Combine biscuit mix, milk, rosemary, and cracked pepper in a bowl.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on the simmering broth. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until dumplings are done.
Reposted as was lost in the Bakespace Halloween Data Corruption of 2006. I have tried almost every recipe for chicken and dumplings out there, as it is one of my favorite comfort foods. By taking what I liked from some and leaving out what I don't, I've come up with my own EASY recipe..because if you are in the mood for comfort food, do you really want to spend all day making it?