Lavender -Lemon Cupcakes with Limoncello Frosting
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups lavender sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter -- room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line 18-standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. DO NOT OVERBEAT. Beat in dry ingredients in 3 additions alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions. Beat in lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Divide batter among liners. Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely before frosting.