Lavender Ice Cream: it's Complicated
- 2 Cups milk
- 2/3 Cup cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup fresh lavender blossoms
- Heavy sauce pan
- Bowl for combining yolks and sugar
- Strainer if desired
- Ice cream maker of your choice.
- Combine milk, cream and lavender flowers in a heavy saucepan.
- Gently warm mixture on medium heat, until foamy.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs until well blended and thick.
- Add sugar to eggs, stirring well.
- Strain milk/cream, to remove lavender blossoms, if desired.
- Add 1/2 cup of warm milk/cream mixture to eggs, blend thoroughly.
- Finally, add this egg mixture to the remaining milk/cream mixture to the pan.
- Cool completely in refrigerator, before pouring into your favorite ice cream maker.