Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
- refrigerated double pie crust
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 Tbs butter (or less)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 10.5oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, then line a pie pan with the bottom crust.
- Saute the onions briefly in a little bit of butter in a skillet until just soft, then mix together in a bowl with turkey, soup, vegetables, half & half.
- Stir it up and spice to taste, I used rosemary, thyme, and was pretty generous with the salt & pepper and it turned out great.
- Pour and spread evenly in the pie pan and cover with the second crust, then make a few slits in the crust (in the design of your choosing). 40 minutes or so until the top has a nice flakey golden brown top and serve.
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com under the title "Turkey Pot Pie II" submitted by Diane while searching for an easy way to use up a turkey and a half worth of leftovers (short, but boring story). I made a few changes based on all the comments, and it seems to be pretty versatile.