Lemon, Basil and Egg in a Baguette
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4" section of a baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons or so of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon or so of chopped fresh basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350' F
- Hollow out the bread. Cut the bread up, or tear it, into bite sized pieces and set it aside. In a small bowl, lightly whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Brush the inside of the baguette with the lemon oil.
- Stick the bread in the oven to toast. If you are one of the lucky ones who happen to have a toaster oven...go for it!! I left my bread in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes....I wanted it crispy.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, some of the cheese, and basil together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add most of the bread crumbs to the egg mixture.
- When your bread is toasted to your desire, fill it up with the bread/egg mixture. Top with more cheese
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, (roughly...I wasn't looking at the clock exactly) until the egg is cooked