- For the crust:
- * 1 cup butter, softened
- * 1/2 cup white sugar
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- For the filling:
- * 4 eggs
- * 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- * 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- * 2 large lemons, juiced, and the zest of one lemon
- * Confectioners' sugar, for dusting & garnish with candied edible flowers (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- 3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/12 cups of sugar and 1/4 cup of flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice and zest. Pour over the baked crust.
- 4. Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. ENJOY :-)