Lemon-Poppy Seed Muffins
- Servings: Makes a dozen muffins
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seed (I used only one tablespoon)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, sugar, poppy seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside. Beat eggs in smaller bowl. Add sour cream, butter, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 2. Spoon batter into 12 greased medium muffin cups, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake 18 to 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 min.